What are service charges and how do they apply to me?
- Service charges cover the cost of any extra services we provide in the area you live.
- Not everyone pays a service charge so we will make it clear at the start of your tenancy if you need to pay for any extra services in addition to your normal weekly rent.
The cost is shared between everyone who receives these services. Some examples of what you may be asked to pay for are:
- The cleaning of communal areas
- Gardening services
- Window cleaning
- The cost of a warden or an estate caretaker.
These charges are covered under the terms of your tenancy agreement. They will vary depending on the number of different services you receive.
What work is included with the service charges?
We provide a wide range of extra services. The services we provide differ depending on where you live and the local facilities available. Not everyone receives these services as it’s not always possible to provide them in your area. Here are a few examples of these services that may be included in your service charge.
- Heating and hot water.
- Caretaking and warden services.
- TV aerials.
- Concierge and CCTV.
- Door entry system.
- Grounds maintenance.
- Electricity charges.
- Lighting maintenance.
- Lift maintenance charges.
- Refuse containers.
- Fire equipment protection.
- Management fee.
If you would like more information on these examples and to see how they are calculated, please contact us.
Help us improve irvineha.co.uk
Was this article helpful?