Are you wasting money on energy bills? The cost of gas, electricity and water in your home can take a big chunk out of your pocket every month. With energy prices rising all the time, we understand just how much this can put a strain on daily living… which is why we want to help you.
We are committed to supporting our tenants when times get tough. If you are struggling to pay your energy bills or you just want to pay less then there are a number of easy ways to save money. We have put together some simple tips that will help you save those pounds!
Find out more Save energy, save money
Here are some useful tips on how you can save energy in your home and cut your monthly bills.
- Turn your thermostat down – Reducing your room temperature by 1°C could cut your heating bills by £55-£90 per year. If you have a programmer, set your heating and hot water to come on only when required rather than all the time. You can find out about getting more from your boiler here
- Reduce Household Draughts – Close your curtains at dusk to stop heat escaping through the windows and check for draughts around windows and doors.
- Switch off unused appliances – Don’t leave appliances on standby and remember not to leave laptops and mobile phones on charge when you don’t need to. Most mobiles are fully charged within two hours.
- Don’t Waste Water – Only boil as much water as you need (but remember to cover the elements if you’re using an electric kettle). A dripping hot water tap wastes energy and in one week wastes enough hot water to fill half a bath, so fix leaking taps and make sure they’re fully turned off!
- Switch your energy supplier, it’s easy It only takes 10 minutes to save money on your gas and electricity bills. Don’t worry if you use a key or a card to top up your prepayment meter, you can switch too. See our Switch energy supplier page to find out more.