Could you be the next tenant on our Board? We are looking for someone who is passionate about improving our services to join our Board.
What is our Board?
Our Board is made up of a mix of people all with one common goal – ensuring we offer the best we can to our customers. The board is responsible for making decisions about what we do and how we operate, ranging from where to invest in new housing to growing our online account services and much more. Our members ensure that our customers’ are at the heart of every decision we make and that every penny is spent effectively.
Why should you get involved?
This rewarding and responsible role will allow you to play an active part in shaping the future of Irvine Housing Association and your community. You’ll bring a tenants viewpoint to the board and be involved in decision making at the highest level in the organisation. It is a great opportunity to be part of a team working together to make a difference in your community
What will you do?
Together with our current board members you will:
- Make decisions about how we operate now and in the future.
- Review our activities ensuring we are keeping customers’ at the heart of what we do and complying with housing regulations.
- Monitor our performance against our objectives, plans and budgets.
You’ll attend board meetings every two months at our Irvine office. These are usually held in the evening so it’s easy to fit it in around your other commitments. All of our board members are voluntary however we will pay all associated expenses.
What skills do you require?
As a board member you need to be honest, trustworthy and reliable and passionate about making a difference in your community.
You should also be able to:
- understand residents needs and concerns
- analyse complex information, debating and challenging where necessary
- make independent and critical judgements
- assess risks of business activities
- work as part of a team.
How to join the board
Help us improve irvineha.co.uk
Was this article helpful?